I'd like to replace my teardrop implants for round again,how do I make sure I pick the right surgeon 3rd time around.Suggestion?

TripleA natural breast. I had 290cc round 4 13 years, replaced with 425cc teardrop, both surgeries under muscle. Various issues, ripples & rotation on same breast, pulling under skin where the ripples are, bubbles that I can push flat - I get pulling under the skin where the ripples are if I don't continuously wear a bra so it's 24/7 unless in the bath, hardness from day one left breast, surgeon says there's no issue but these breasts have put my life on hold for 3years my confidence is ruined.

Replacing Teardrop Shaped Implants with Round and Choosing the Right Surgeon

Breast implant #shape depends on desired outcome.  Body size and shape are important to consider as are the  breast size and implant shape  There is the right implant for everyone and it's extremely important to seek a highly #experienced surgeon. Your procedure should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for another #revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

3rd revision of breast

It sounds to me like you have more than a simple surgical necessity which may require a plastic surgeon with a little more experience in breast revisions. Try to collect all of your operative notes as well as prior photographs from the first two surgeons if you see a third.  I would recommend that you see a few board-certified plastic surgeons in your region and asked them to see photographs of revisions that they have done. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Selecting plastic surgeon for revisionary breast surgery?

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.  ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.  Best wishes.

Breast implant revision- who to see?

Thank you for asking about your breast implant revision.
  • It sounds as though you went from a small round implant to a large tear-drop implant.
  • The rippling is probably because the implant is large and showing through the skin.
  • If you want to be this large, a round implant with ADM is probably necessary.
  • Is there a reason you don't want to see either of your first two surgeons?
  • A third revision for someone else's work can be a challenge to even the most experienced plastic surgeon -
  • You can look for a plastic surgeon in your area with at least 20 years' experience and who is comfortable doing surgery on someone else's problems -
  • Or contact the office of Dr. Patrick Maxwell in Nashville, Tennessee who is well known for his good results in complicated breast implant cases. 
  • He will be very expensive. Or his office may be able to suggest someone nearer you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS