How can I prepare for a Brazilian butt lift I hope to have within the next 2-3 months to get the best results/quick recovery?

Should I be using a certain cream to prevent stretch marks? Or taking any supplements in order to make sure I pass any pre-op tests? I will probably be travelling from the UK to Miami for the op and am currently choosing a surgeon

Preparing for BBL

Thank you for your question. With most cosmetic surgery, it is recommended that you stop smoking six weeks before surgery. It is particularly important to increase the chances of survival of the fat grafts. Certain medications that increase the risk of bleeding such as Aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, and some vitamins/homeopathic regimens should be discontinued prior to the surgery. Best of luck! 
Dhaval M. Patel 
Double board certified
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates 
Barrington
Oakbrook
Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. Be in the best shape that you can be and choose your surgeon wisely. To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

BBL and pre surgical regimen

I  think it is best to ask your surgeon if he has any preoperative regimen that he wants you to follow.  For my patients it is pretty simple.  I tell them to avoid blood thinners and herbal supplements.

I think that you should spend a lot of time selecting your surgeon and then ask your surgeon what he or she would recommend.  I would search for the surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results. Look at reviews and before and after pictures on that surgeon's website.

The most important detail when traveling overseas is making sure your body is healthy for the procedure . If possible get a physical before traveling 
Try not to be very overweight and take blood supplements like iron , folic acid , vitamin B and vitamin C .

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD