Can I lose weight after male chest reduction? (Excess skin removed) (Photos)

Hi,I lost 6 and half stone last year but was left with excess skin around my chest along with gynecomastia, I had male chest reduction 10 months ago the doctor explained that the technique he would use my skin on my chest that was left should tighten but it never did, I am still left with a saggy chest and I have also put on a bit of weight, I am having another operation with the same surgeon, he said he would use a technique that would leave a lollipop scar, Would It sag again if I lost weight?

Male Chest Reduction and Weight

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia. 
There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. For instance, studies have shown that patients with BMI > 30kg/m sq (placing them in the obese category) have a higher complication rate. Therefore, it is important for patients to be as close as possible to their normal body weight prior to surgery.
Not only will this decrease risks of complications, but will also enhance the aesthetic results. Further, normal body weight is different from one patient to another.

Sever gynecomastia MO

you can lose weight after gynecomastia surgery.You may need a second opinion.

How should I choose a surgeon?
Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3. Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering?
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Can I lose weight after male chest reduction?

Thank you for your question and picture.  Because the skin on your chest never tightened and you have gained weight, he has most likely suggested a breast reduction that would leave the lollipop scar.  This would remove the excess skin as well as reducing the volume of your chest.

Dr. JSB