Will it improve any more? 8 months post-op. (Photo)

I had male breast reduction done 8 months ago, the surgeon told me the procedure would leave me with a flat chest, it was much better the first month then he told me there would be sagging then it would tighten up, there was swelling and a bit of fluid build up in the first few months, will it get Any better at 8 months post op?

When to Consider Gynecomastia Surgery Revision

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Gynecomastia

Unfortunately, your photo is not clear enough to give any useful information. Healing after gynecomastia surgery takes a full year to completely resolve and show the final results.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Gynecomastia

It isn't clear from the photo submitted what I am seeing.  It is true that after gynecomastia, skin tightening generally occurs.  This process can take months.  At some point (maybe at 6 months give or take) this process of tightening slows down or stops and what you see is what you get. Without seeing the pre op photos, a good post op photo, or reading an op note I cannot say for sure what to expect. 

Tim Neavin, MD