Does it look like I have gynecomastia? (Photo)

I understand its a difficult question to answer based on photos online, so I'll explain a little I appeared to get larger chest around age of 14 or so, through my early 20's I dieted/excercised with help of a PT, and I got relatively lean but my chest to me still looked big Went to see my GP who was really, not helpful and just said "you have a well developed chest muscles". Since then I had Lipo done twice, and results are good, but not as flat as i'd like, so be grateful to hear any opinions

Does it look like I have gynecomastia?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your story is very typical for pubertal gynecomastia--or male breast enlargement that arises during puberty.  Most times it resolves spontaneously, but in your case it obviously did not.  Whether liposuction was the best choice as your first procedure I cannot say without having examined you initially, but it is often a reasonable choice.  What you have left is a "button" of hard breast tissue under the areola.  It will need to be surgically excised which is a relatively straightforward procedure through a small incision along the areolar margin.  Liposuction may or may not be needed to smooth out the edges of the resection.  Good luck. 

Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Does it look like I have gynecomastia?

Hi there,
You have had gynaecomastia and a partial correction by way of liposuction.
you still have some glandular tissue left behind which needs to be removed by a small incision by the side of your areola
discuss this with your surgeon
best of luck

You have gynecomastia

You have gynecomastia.  Gynecomastia has two parts namely, fat and breast tissue.  Fat is removed with liposuction.  Tissue needs to removed surgically.
You need more surgery.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Gynecomastia MO

How should I choose a surgeon?
Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3. Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering?
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Consult with a Board Certified Surgeon to Better Determine

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 

About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 
There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.