Help! Is this gynecomastia? (Photo)

I have no lumps or mass underneath my nipples or any kind of discomfort .my nipples are just pointy ,soft and squishy .is this gyno ? If not what should I do .your help will be greatly appreciated

Consult with a Board Certified Surgeon to Better Determine

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Gynecomastia

Thanks for the photos. It is tough to tell from the pictures.  Your best bet is to get evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon.  Based on your concerns, it sounds like you may have a mild form.

Tim Neavin, MD

Help! Is this gynecomastia?

You likely have a mild form of Gynecomastia. A comprehensive review of your health and medications is also necessary. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in gynecomastia surgery.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Help! Is this gynecomastia?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Gynecomastia

this condition is often in the eye of the beholder.many people would look at you and say it's perfectly normal. Find yourself a good plastic surgeon that does a lot of this type of work and see what he or she says. If it is surgery see if you can find someone who does it with the tiny incision inside the armpit. Good luck with it.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia MO

If it bothers you ,you can be examined by a gynecomastia expert.
 How should I choose a surgeon?
Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3. Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering?
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia?

Thanks for your question; by observation of your photos; In my opinion there is an mild increase of your breast size for male pattern; other steps of physical examination should be done like palpation to see if there's really increased size of the mammary gland or if it is Pseudogynecomastia (just adipose tissue). It could be grade I Gynecomastia (mild increase in size, without excess skin). I recommend you that if you are not comfortable with this increase of size, to look for a certified PS to perform the Gynecomastia surgical procedure; your PS will prescribe some lab tests (hormones tests) and breast ultrasound to find the cause of this Gynecomastia. Then the procedure can be done.

Regards

Kemil Issa, MD