Can I have a sex change? All I want is my penis changed into a vagina.

I really am finding it more and more difficult to cop with having a penis when i don't like having it and i want to be happy in life and i need a vagina to be happy in myself. I dint know where to turn to get only this operation done. I don't want a full sex change into a woman but i do need my own vagina. Is this possible to achieve ?

Sex Change Operations and Vaginoplasy

Sex change operations can be wonderful experiences and very safe but it is important to think these things through.  In my practice patients must have a relationship with a mental health provider and a referal letter from that provider as well as one other as part of the basic surgical clearance.  This is part of international standards that most ethical surgeons follow in this field.  It is certainly unusual to request a genital surgery without hormonal treatment.  The first step is to explore your thoughts with a qualified mental health provider to ensure you do not do something you will regret.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Can I have a sex change?

Thank you for your question.  Gender reassignment surgery usually consists of face, body, and genital procedures.  It is possible to transform the external genitalia from male to female.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in gender confirmation surgery can help you to understand what your options are.  Best wishes.  

Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS