Loose skin fixed with high profile implants?

I had 525 low profile implants. I wanted to be smaller, was 32H in bras. I got 400cc low profile implants with a full lift (yr ago) and am now 32DDD. still too big, skin is a bit loose when I raise arms. doctor is swapping implants for 300cc high profile. He said he can't tighten the skin anymore. I asked for high profile because low gives no cleavage and too much side boob. Will I notice a difference in size /upper pole to fill out the lax skin? I'm 5'7 125 lbs. breast is measuring 20 in now.

Breast Lift May be Beneficial

The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy.

With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation. 

Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct heightmay also be addressed. I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Complex problem

It must be disappointing to still not have the result you want. This will be your third operation and the time line is not clear. I don't understand the "can't tighten the skin anymore" part. Photographs are absolutely necessary to help decipher this problem.

At this point, it would seem reasonable to get a second in person opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon. Judging the results is impossible on this forum. Talk with your surgeon about your concerns. The issue may be financial as well. Sometimes the enemy of good is better. Good luck.

Mark Eberbach, MD

Without an exam or at the very least good quality front and side photos arms at your sides, there is no way we can give you any thoughts on what may be appropriate in your circumstance. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Photos for better advices .

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advice you need and want. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implant exchange

You would have to be seen in person to determine what is right for you.   Photos at the minimum would help, but choosing the right implant for you requires an exam and measurements.

Breast lift breast augmentation improvement

sounds like you are unhappy with the size and shape of your breasts. Figuring out the volume you would be happy with is critical to your result. Photos of what you want may be helpful in discussing realistic expectations with your plastic surgeon. Getting fullness superior and cleavage may have anatomical challenges secondary to rib cage and sternal bone. See a board certified aesthetic surgeon ASAPS member for a professional consultation. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing breast implant surgery concerns...

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Yes, you should be able to undergo downsizing of breast implants. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) and/or breast lifting may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for.   Whether or not the adjustment of the breast implant capsules and/or breast lifting will be necessary will mainly be dependent on your physical examination; specifically, factors such as the amount of redundant skin and quality of skin elasticity will be important.   Based on your description, it is hard to imagine that additional skin excision (revision of the previous breast lift) would not be possible in your case.   Of course, photographs or in-person evaluation would be necessary for definitive advice.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary (downsizing) breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "down a cup size” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary, specifically downsizing, breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.