What Kind of Surgery Will Help for Deep and Close Set + Small Eyes?

Hi, I'm 16 years old and my eyes are very Deep Set. Besides this they're also Close Set and Small! They're drowning in my face and i don't like it at all, because it makes me feel insecure. What kind of surgery(s) might be suitable for this issues? I also want to emphasize that I'm not afraid to undergo ''High Risk Operations'', as long as they can be beneficial for this issues.

Doctor Answers 4

Surgery for deep and close set eyes

  It truly is impossible for I, or anyone on this forum, to provide recommendations without seeing you.  Please resubmit your question with photographs.  Good luck!

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 131 reviews

Discuss with parents

Your issues are likely more related to your perception of what you see, rather than what the anatomy really looks like. As Dr. Steinsapir has mentioned, having a discussion with your parents and/or your pediatrician is an excellent place to start.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

At 16 years Old You Are Still Developing Physically and Growing Psycologicly

It is not possible to give you proper aesthetic advice without seeing pictures.  That being said, at 16 years old, your body and mind are still developing.  You face, eyes and mindset are going to change dramatically over the next 10 years.  Unless you are having vision problems, I would not recommend aesthetic changes to your eyes at this time.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 66 reviews

At age 16, it is hard to understand the relative risk of these surgeries.

I strongly recommend discussing your feelings with your family.  If it makes sense, these concerns can be discussed with your pediatrician.  If it is appropriate, this type of work is performed by craniofacial surgeons who typically are university based.  Ethical plastic surgeons will be concerned that you appearance is truly an issue and your concerns do not arise from some type of psychological disturbance like body dysmorphic disorder.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.