What kind of procedure will I need? (Photo)

Will a umbilicoplasty be good enough?. Im 23 years old with one child i don't know why my stomach become the way it is. I don't think it was genes my mother didn't look like this. Its just wrinkled loose skin it looks like a raisin lol. Im scared to go under the knife is there other options?

Doctor Answers 14

What procedure do I need?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately for you the only way to get rid of all that loose skin and get a good result is to have a full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).
Consult with a board certified ps to discuss options. 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 58 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the picture.

I do believe that you'll make a great candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction in the waist, upper and lower back with fat grafting in to buttocks.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 257 reviews

What kind of procedure will I need?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You need to be examined by a surgeon who performs all tummy tuck variants so that the proper procedure can be selected for you.

Kenneth Hughes, MD

Los Angeles, CA

Changes after baby

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
  • Your photo suggests stretching of the skin from pregnancy,
  • Plus stretching of the muscle
  • I know of no treatment without surgery that will correct either condition. Best wishes.

Full tummy tuck vs umbilicoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for sharing your photos.  It appears that a full tummy tuck will be needed to remove loose skin and tighten the muscles to produce a nice, flat, tight abdomen.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon experienced with tummy tucks and body contouring procedures. Make sure you are comfortable with your surgeon and you understand how the procedure is tailored for your needs.

Best of Luck

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 121 reviews

Wrinkled stomach

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Dear Pink25,
the only way to correct this is an abdominoplasty ( a tummy-tuck ). No cream or machine will tighten the skin.
but at 23, are you sure you are finished with having babies ?
consult with a Board-certified plastic surgeon once you are ready,
good luck
Florence Mussat

Florence Mussat, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 44 reviews

What kind of procedure will I need?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your photo demonstrates redundant skin and laxity of the abdominal muscles which can only be adequately rejuvenated with a standard tummy tuck. The end result will be a tighter, smoother abdomen. I would make sure you are not planning on any further pregnancies before proceeding with the surgery. Good luck.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Surgical options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would suggest a standard abdominoplasty with muscle repair. I would suggest you consider delaying  this if you are planning on  having more children in the near future. 
Best wishes 


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the photo but from it you are clearly a candidate for an abdominoplasty.  

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

Umbilicoplasty Vs Tummy Tuck

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Great question. A few thoughts. You do not need an umbilicoplasty, that's for remaking a lost belly button. If your done having children, you would be very well served with a formal tummy tuck. It's the only way to get rid of the stretched out excess skin. You have too much skin for a laser treatment or liposuction alone. i know its scary to have surgery, but you deserve quality results. 


David Shifrin, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 178 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.