What Kind of Operation or Surgery Can Be Done to Fix my Chin? (photo)

i really want a strong chin without the crease, george clooney like chin and strong jaw line to make me more attractive? i think it is a weak chin and then i have too much skin on the lower lip thats why it folds over

Doctor Answers 2

Chin augmentation or chin surgery

I'd need to see how your teeth relate to each other.  I'd venture to guess you have a significant overbite, as your chin is weak and the angle of your jaw is very steep.  

Before having a surgeon simply place a chin implant, see a board-certified plastic surgeon with subspecialty training in craniofacial surgery.  There may be other, permanent options (moving the lower jaw forward) available to you that will improve your overall facial aesthetics much more than an implant will. 

Even if you end up having an implant placed in the end, you need to know your options in order to make an informed decision.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Hall

Knoxville Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Chin augmentation

It is difficult to tell for sure from the pictures provided but it would appear that you would be a good candidate for the use of  a extended  silastic chin implant.  These are usually inserted through an incision below the chin and are extremely safe and cost effective when compared with various forms of bony genioplasty ie moving the bone of the chin forward.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.