What Kind of Laser? Considering IPL / Fraxel

I have a flat, pink/red mark on my face from a previous acne scab I am looking to get lasered. When I touch the mark, it gets red, it is also itchy from time to time...I do not sleep on it because that seems to irritate the skin...it is about the size of a quarter. I've been using tretinoin cream and it only seems to irritate it or do nothing. I was considering chemical peels as well, though I had a 20% TCA done about 8 months ago with no visible improvement. I went any idea what I should do?

Doctor Answers 3

Laser consideration

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Best is to first get the lesion evaluated by a dermatologist to make the proper diagnosis, and then appropriate treatment can be planned

Toronto Dermatologist

Red mark on face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I think you need to be properly evaluated. If it is a red mark like a scab, sometimes IPL can help.  Good luck.

Get a diagnosis first

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would recommend you have the area evaluated.  It is possible you have a spot of seborrheic dermatitis or even an early skin cancer.  Please have it checked out by your dermatologist first.

Jay Zimmerman, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.