What Kind of Eyelid Procedure Would Work Best for Me to Fix my Downward Shaped Eyes?

Hi, Just was wondering what I can do to change the shape of my eyes?..I hate them, I want larger eyes , ive got the tired marilyn monroe eye look! ...but im terrified of looking worse if I did get a procedure to correct them Helpppp please thanks:)

Doctor Answers 3

Eyelid surgery to change eye shape

It would be much easier and more meaningful if there are photos of your eyes. The ability to change eye shape is limited as the ends of the eyes are attached to the edge of the bone (medial and lateral orbital wall). There are ways to improve the aesthetic of the eyes, both surgically and non surgically. Find an experienced plastic surgeon to help you achieve your goal. It's always helpful to find photos that illustrate your goals.

Best Wishes,

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Eyelid Surgery for Downward Shaped Eyes

   If too little of your eye is exposed and you do not have ptosis, you may benefit from canthopexy or plasty.

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 492 reviews

Change in eye shape

First and foremost, photos would be necessary for us to be evaluate your needs. In general, there are many ways the shape of the eyelid can be changed, via raising the lower or upper eyelid, or by changing the attachment of the eyelids to the bone [canthopexy/plasty]

The latter can sometimes achieve an unnatural look, so I would advice in proceeding with that caution.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.


A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.