What kind of breast lift would I need, being DDD cup? (Photo)

I'm a 34ddd in breast size. But don't know if I would rather have scars or saggy breast. Is there any way around the scars?

Type of Breast Lift

There are a variety of breast lift options available.  As you will hear from most answers, there is nothing more valuable than an exam to figure out which option is best for you. From your pictures, it appears that you have what is called glandular ptosis. That means that the breast tissue itself, rather than the appearance of the nipple and areola, is lower than you might like.  As a result, your best options are those which  rearrange the breast tissue. This requires at least a scar around your areola and is often best with a vertical scar.  That scar scares most women but in person can be almost imperceptible in time. 
In the end, the question you are asking is at the heart of your decision.  If you can tolerate a scar, your breasts have an appearance that would do well with a lift because you have a fair amount of tissue in the upper half.  If you cannot, it is likely that supportive bras can get you where you want to be most of the time.
Dr. Pyle

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Only way to lift a breast is with scars

To answer your question any breast lift will give you scars, some surgeons can call limited, minimally invasive, vertical, lollipop, scarless, etc, etc.
But if a breast lift is performed you will have scars, how good or bad will depend primarily on the way your body heals and secondarily in the surgeon you choose. You need to talk to your board certified plastic surgeon and be sure to see before and after pictures, pay special attention to the side view, you already have a relatively long lower pole of your breast, if a vertical incision is use you may continue to have a long lower pole, which in my opinion is not cosmetically pleasing.
Remember the American Board of Plastic Suregry is the only plastic surgery board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
Good Luck

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift scars

Hi sweetmkc,
    Your question is right on.  Scars vs Saggy.  The choice has to be your.  However, lets talk about the scars.  Not all scars are the same.  There are different techniques performed that result in different quality scars. A lot of lifts performed today that rely on the skin result in poor scarring.  On the other hand, when the lift performed puts very little tension on the skin, the scars are often imperceptible in time.  In my opinion if you are looking for a perkier look, a vertical breast lift along with implants would give you look with quite acceptable scars.
Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

What kind of breast lift would I need, being DDD cup?

If I saw you in person, I may say that your breasts look good and the scars are not worth it.  If you do want a lift, I think a vertical lift will produce a nice improvement with less scar than an anchor lift.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Breast lift options

There are a number of things to consider, especially what you want your breasts to look like after surgery, but generally the scars from the lollipop, or short scar approach do very well.

Breast lift options

There are several types of breasts lifts, but none that I know of that do not have some form of scarring. In order to reshape your breast and elevate the nipple, incisions will need to be made that result in scars. The significance of the scar will depend upon your ability to heal scars, the amount of tension placed on the skin, and somewhat on the technique chosen by your surgeon. I would suggest having some type of lift that requires having a vertical scar along with one around your areolae. The scars from breast lift surgery tend to heal very well and fade with time. But, there really is no way to perform a proper breast lift without them. 

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and incisions

Unfortunately with breast lift procedures, there is no way getting around some incisions on the breast.  It can be done with a "lollipop" like incision in many cases as opposed to a full "anchor" type incision( or an additional inframammary incision)

Scars

There is no way around the scars. Scars are the way the body heals from any incision. How much incision you end up with is hard to tell via an on line consult and can really be only determined with physical exam. Check with  a plastic surgeon in your area and he or she can give you a much better idea after they examine you.