Is this a realistic lip augmentation goal? (Photo)

I facetuned my lips. I want them rounder and more plump. What would be my best option to achieve this?

Before and after results

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

I think that the software outcomes are different from real outcomes. You may have an improvement of your fullness. however the significant elevation of the top lip may not happen.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Lip filler

A soft filler like belotero, juvederm or restylane would be good options for achieving a fuller look. Seek consultation with an injector with experience. Your current lip shape definitely plays a role in achieving the actual shape that you want.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Is this a realistic lip augmentation goal?

Juvederm Volbella® is the newest lip filler and is ideal for lip/plumping/enhancement. The degree to which they become larger is dependent on how many cc's/syringes are injected overall. Typical treatments range from 1-3 cc, occasionally up to 5 cc or more over time. The need for maintenance treatments varies according to your individual metabolism. For the best result, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Realistic goal?

Hello, I can see the results you are trying to achieve, but it's important to be realistic about the outcome. It is likely that the results may not be exactly what you are striving for. You'll be able to get a better idea after a consultation, but I believe you could create this effect through injecting fillers to the middle part of the upper lip and directly upwards through the centre, as well as throughout the lower lip. This will help to create fullness as demonstrated in the after photo, however, for a dramatic elevation of the upper lip it may require a lip lift. 

Lip augmentation

Thank you for your question.  These results are possible.  It will take multiple syringes of filler layered on top of one another, but it is possible.  Keep in mind one syringe of filler is 1ml.  1ml is 1/5th of a teaspoon.  For a fuller lip, I tend to use Juvaderm.   Also, most lip filler lasts 6-12 months. An experienced injector will be able to help you achieve your desired look. Best of luck to you. 

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Hello 123kittypaw - Thanks for your question. I think that the result of your simulation could be achieved by an expert injector using hyaluronic acid filler. Make sure you get evaluated and treated by an expert lip injector in your area. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your photographs and questions. I think you would obtain a nice volume enhancement with the use of a non-permanent, hyaluronic acid filler first, such as juvederm ultra plus, and I would start with a half syringe for your upper lip.  Allow the results to settle over a few weeks and if you want more, consider additional filler to reach your desired lip fullness. This will allow for a natural enhancement that will be noticeable.  Hope this helps.

Realistic Lip Augmentation Goals

This is not an unrealistic goal, as it is relatively simple to achieve full, pouty lips using a hyaluronic acid filler, such as Restylane or Juvederm. I prefer Restylane for the lips as I believe it produces the most natural looking results, however which filler is right for you would of course be determined during an in-person consultation. Based on the photo it looks like your desire more central fullness, which should be easily achieved with a single syringe (or less). My best advice is to seek out a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with extensive experience injecting fillers and one who is willing to customize a treatment plan specifically for your needs and goals.

Dennis Gross, MD

Perfecting the Pout--Lip Augmentation that Works, Fillers (Perlane, Voluma), Implants, Fat

These fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical and full lip. Implants or fat are alternative options. Please see an expert for a consultation. Best, Dr. Emer