My permanent crown is aching after a root canal treatment done a couple of months ago, for an infection above it in my gums.

Should I consult my endodontist?

Doctor Answers 1

Aching tooth...#DrSoftTouch

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It's possible that your bite is off an the crown needs to be adjusted. However, another possibility is that the tooth has become reinfected, requiring retreatment. I would recommend seeing your dentist to have the tooth evaluated. I hope this helps.  Click on the save button below my name, if you have any direct questions for me in the future.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.