Permalip implant; Does the placement of the implant affect the overall outcome? (Photos)

Does the placement of the implant affect the overall outcome? I see some results that look dramatic and pouty & I also see some that look too subtle. Are the subtle ones placed deeper into the tissue than the more pouty ones? Attached are pictures of the results I'd like, results I'd like to avoid, and also my own lips.

Results are related more to preop shape.

you should get a very nice result with Implants. It is very difficult to address asymmetries though, and carving the implant may not work very well.  It is possible to put a 5 mm implant in the top and a 4 mm implant in the bottom to make your lips more even. Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Permalip implant; Does the placement of the implant affect the overall outcome?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.  Proper size selection and placement will affect the result as does the size, shape and starting volume of the lip(s) being augmented.

Hope this helps.