Mommy makeover with a BBL?

I am a retired soldier located in Texas and I am interested in having a mommy makeover with a bbl and I was wondering where is a great doctor??!! I have been looking for a doctor for months and I even considered going to Miami to see Dr.Miami because of his quality of work just to discover thy he is booked until 2017. :( I am looking to get some great work done here in Texas for my 33rd bday so can someone please send me a great reference. :)

Traveling for a Mommy Makeover and Breast Lift

Traveling for your procedure can be a little tricky.  We routinely see patients from out of town and have arrangements with local hotels so that they will stay in town for a few days.  Many will also have family that they stay with.  Be prepared to stay a couple weeks after surgery and make regular postop visits.When choosing a surgeon, beware of hype and how the before and after photos are shown.  Some surgeons will show you an "After" result in the operating room.  This is not a true "After" result, you will want to see results that are at least 6 months after surgery.In your area, there are several good Surgeons at Scott & White and in Austin.  I would recommend meeting with 2 or 3 and see who you feel most comfortable with.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

I would recommend that you schedule a few consults with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons to get become educated on the procedures and to meet the different surgeons in person. Traveling too far when undergoing a Mommy Makeover can be tricky. It would be best to be close to your surgeon so that if you had any questions or complications you could easily be seen. Most surgeons would like to see you the day after surgery, 1 week, 2 weeks and 1 month after having a Tummy Tuck. It would be hard to schedule those post op visits unless you could afford to stay somewhere for a month in another state. Good Luck!

Mommy makeover with a BBL?

Obviously, you would want to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon and secondly make sure that whomever you see has some experience in the procedures that you want. Ask to see pictures and discuss your overall goals and expectations. Don't hesitate to have more than one consultation and in addition to the quality of the work, make sure you feel comfortable personally with the physician. You may also want to speak with other patients who have had the same procedures to get their feelings about the experience and the doctor as well as his/her staff.

Mommy makeover

traveling for a mommy makeover can be difficult and in some situations dangerous. I would recommend that you stay local for any surgery this big. I would visit with a few board certified plastic surgeons near you and see what they have to say.  Good luck!

Search For a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon for Your Mommy Makeover and BBL

Hello and thank-you for  your question.I would recommend a consultation with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon close to home. You can schedule and in person consultation to review you options.  After the procedure, follow-up with your surgeon goes a long way to ensure that you have the best out come. You can search the surgeon locator on the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgery and the American society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery for your surgeons close to you. Best regards. 

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover - Finding A Surgeon?

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your mommy makeover. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in body contouring procedures. The ASPS website will provide a list of properly trained surgeons in your area. You should go on several consultations and see who you like best. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps.

Look to A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon close to home

Like other respondents have mentioned, undergoing a body make-over procedure can be challenging given the logistics of travel and follow-ups.  Certainly any board certified plastic surgeon can offer their expertise regarding the extent of the postoperative recovery and visits, as well as expectations for follow-up, pain control, exercise, and other day-to-day activities that will be affected by undergoing body contouring procedures.  If you are traveling a distance for these procedures, inquire about overnight stay and the possibility of assistance at the facility--this would offer piece of mind for you and your surgeon to examine you the next day prior to traveling back home.  Be sure to ask the physicians credentials, and if they have maintained their certification in plastic surgery if they've been in practice for more than 10 years.Good luck!

Mommy Makeover with Fat Grafting for Buttock Contouring

A mommy makeover is a catch all phrase for the correction of areas effected by pregnancy which commonly include the abdomen and the breasts. The buttock and outer thighs will often sag after pregnancy and can be corrected in the same surgery as the breast and abdomen, either with an extended abdominoplasty and/or fat grafting to the buttocks (BBL). If fat grafting is the proper procedure then it would be optimal to have this done at the time of the abdomen because the abdomen could be a good donor site for the fat. When done effectively this group of procedures can done safely. When performing fat grafting to the buttock, the keys are to harvest enough fat, prepare it properly and inject enough in the right areas to help shape the buttock.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

MM and recovery

A MM is a big surgery requiring close followup.  I would strongly encourage you to stay closer to home.  There are great ABPS plastic surgeons in Austin, Dallas, Houston areas.  I would limit the commute to the surgeons office to less than 2-3 hours, with frequent stops to get up and move around.  Dr. Miami is an entertaining surgeon, but don't let social media and the publicity of his antics determine your perception of his work.  Again, there are great surgeons in Texas.  Just spend some time doing your research on surgeons, surgeries, etc.  I assure you, that you will find a good one.hope that helps!best wishes!Dr. MoralesABPS Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Experienced Doctor in San Antonio Dr. Eric Schaffer

Dr. Eric Schaffer is very experienced in Mommy Makeover surgery with beautiful results.  Dr. Schaffer is located in San Antonio and does offer military discounts to patients.

Eric Schaffer, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon