Fat cell stability before fat transfer to glutes (bbl)

I would like to know when the fat cells are more stable for the fat transfer. I want to make sure majority of the fat cells survive when getting my bbl. so my question is: Will enlarged fat cells from eating in a caloric surplus survive better than fat cells that have shrinked due to caloric defecit?

Most of fat cell stability has to do with how the fat is suctioned and processed. The fat needs to be suctioned with low pressure and filtered so pure fat is reinjected

Fat Grafting

Great question. Caloric intake will not affect the survival rate of the transferred cells. However, eating more caloric surplus will provide more fat to be taken and transferred.

Once harvested, the fat cells need to go through a process of purification and concentration before they can be injected into the treatment site. This involves spinning or straining the fat cells. When 3 layers result, the bottom layer is drained, containing blood and a tumescent fluid. The middle layer is used for the grafting, while the top layer contains oil from ruptured fat cells.

Following processing of the harvested fat cells, the fat is then inserted through micro-droplets throughout the gaunt areas of the face that are targeted for rejuvenation or for the buttocks. 

Small tracks are created for the grafts to help maintain adherence to the treatment site. In addition, it is generally believed that the better vascularized the site area, the more likely survival.

It can take 3 or 4 days for the capillaries to provide blood to the transplanted fat cells. In that time frame, as many as half the fat cells can die. However, the surgeon will overfill the area with excess fat cells, anticipating the loss. For this reason, it may be necessary to have 2 or 3 treatments over several months for very large additions of volume.

Next step for you is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and/or goals.

Fat cell stability before fat transfer to glutes

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. Actually when you have the bbl surgery done, surgeon can put 100% of fat into your buttocks, but also, after a couple of weeks our same bodies can absorbe that same fat, so you only end up with almost a 50% of it at the end.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Thank you for your question. The Brazilian butt lift surgery is a long-lasting procedure. However, if you happen to lose weight, the fat will shrink – and if you gain weight, the fat will expand. In most cases, about 70% of the injected fat will remain in the area, and about 30% will be reabsorbed by the body. 

Hope this helps,

Dr. Newall 

German Newall, MD