Just how much can you downsize a nose? (Photos)

Would it be possible to take my humped nose and make it super flat and small? I've attached pictures. The humped nose is mine and the tiny nose is my goal. I feel like a small, flat nose would compliment my features more than a ski sloped nose. I'd want a tip lift and dorsal hump removal. Also, could they paralyze the muscle that makes my upper lip move up so much when I smile at the same time? Would that cost extra or is that something that is added onto rhinoplasties quite often?

Rhinoplasty Options for Individual Goals

These are all reasonable and achievable goals which can be delivered with a rhinoplasty. Working through the goals would be discussed in a consult and then translated into an image with 3D imaging and then delivered with a rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty can definitely help to improve the shape of your nose. Whether or not it will achieve your desired outcome (goal photo) is impossible to say without seeing you in person since a lot will depend on your skin. My best advice would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who can examine you in person to determine whether or not your goal is realistic. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Downsized nose

There are several ways to answer your question about how much can one downsize the nose?

The absolutely limiting factor to how much one can downsize is the skin envelope.  If someone has a huge nose, the surgeon can reduce the cartilages quite a bit, but we cannot shrink the skin. So there is a limit to what reduction can be done without causing loose skin.

In reality this extreme is never reached.  The nose should be reduced to balance with the rest of the face.  While I see many patients who show pictures of very tiny rotated noses and say that is what they want, I can tell them that would be too much for them and would not look balanced as it might on another face.  However, I appreciate that what they like it more rotation, less projection, less dorsal hump, etc and apply that in a way that fits their face.

All of things you wish for are possible. The best next step is to meet with a facial plastic surgeon to take photos and have  full assessment of what you want and what will match your features.

Best of luck

Dr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

How much can you downsize a nose?

The nose is a three-dimensional structure, so a full set of photographs are required to make a determination along with an in-person examination. There are limitations as to how much the nose can be made smaller. The dorsal hump can be shaved down, the bridge narrowed, and the tip refined. To prevent the tip from drooping when smiling requires releasing of the depressor septi  ligament. This is a routine component of a rhinoplasty procedure when patients have that ligament present. For more information  and many examples, please see the video and the link  below

A nose can be downsized and reshaped significantly. However, there are many factors involved. Your skin thickness, and your other facial features need to be considered. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon so that your expectations are realistic.

Warren J. Katz, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Downsize a Nose

Your nose can be reduced and refined but your skin appears relatively thick in these pictures which would prevent you from achieving the definition of the models you've shown. However, I suggest you consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist because sometimes these pictures are misleading when trying to evaluate the skin and I feel significant improvement can be achieved. 

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Finally, the investment for this procedure rounds
$3,000 USD Standard package 
$4,350 USD "All Inclusive Package".
Ps: currently there are important limited seasonal offers with which you can get even better price. 
For more information please contact us and ask for our Limited Discount Coupons.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD