Would I benefit from rhinoplasty and chin implant? (Photo)

I am considering getting rhinoplasty because I feel like the tip of my nose is too large also it has a slight bump and seems a bit wide. I would like to know if a non surgical nose job would benefit me or if I would have better results with rhinoplasty surgery ? I also want to know if I would need a chin implant ?

Nose: yes. Chin implant: naah.

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response: I made a computer morph, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose, in truly expert hands.

I brought the entire nose back closer to your face, elevated the tip a small amount, and removed the mild convexity, the bump, along the bridge of your nose. 

You don't need a chin implant. From the profile view, your chin is great: nice and strong. Perhaps your chin looks too small to you because your nose is strongly projecting forward from your face. When the nose is brought back closer to your face, the chin will look smaller, and it won't look like it needs augmentation any more.

Also, though, from the front view your chin is tall in its vertical dimension: from your lips down to the bottom of the chin. When the chin is strong in the vertical dimension, I don't think you also want it too strong in its forward projection. Summary: even a small-ish chin implant might make you think your chin is too big, especially after a rhinoplasty.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle. Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, But No Chin Implant Needed

Thanks for your question and photos. A rhinoplasty could remove the bump, reduce the overall size of your nose on profile, and narrow the nose. Your tip is rounded (surgeons often call this "bulbous"), and giving the tip a somewhat narrower and more defined appearance would enhance your nose. On profile and front view, although the angles are not ideal, your chin appears relatively normal. Many surgeons are reluctant to reduce nasal tip projection, which limits options to reduce your overall size, but to achieve a natural result, I believe that would be beneficial.

Rhinoplasty may be a benefit for you, not necessarily the same for a chin augmentation.

Dear Foreveryoung0917,

Thank you for your question, and images.

It appears to me that your interest in a rhinoplasty to shape your dorsum, and refine your tip would be beneficial. Ultimately, I would need to examine the nose/facial features, as well as the relationship of your chin with your rest of your nasal/facial profile to perfectly understand if your goals can be met.

In some cases, I  will hold off on performing a chin augmentation (implant, filler, or fat transfer, etc) if one is borderline upon examination. 

The nasal tip is the most complex part of the rhinoplasty procedure, and it requires the most understanding, and planning, before the operation.  In my hands a rhinoplasty takes about two hours.  We also during the exam consider non-surgical options.

Sergio Pasquale Maggi, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

Hi there.  I will try to answer your question in two parts.  First, rhinoplasty (nose reshaping surgery) to address a wide nose is a common request. Most likely, an “open rhinoplasty” (where the soft tissues are gently elevated to allow direct access to the tip cartilages) will be required. These tip cartilages are then sculpted and sutured to refine the nasal tip. Osteotomies are required to reposition a wide nose closer to the midline.

In terms of the chin implant, I would need to see additional photos.  Generally speaking, a more aesthetic chin may be achieved by placement of a chin implant. Interestingly, a balanced chin improves overall facial appearance and may actually influence nasal projection.For example, a weak chin may increase the severity of an overprojected nose.

Hope this is helpful.  If you like, please take a look at the link below.  The article contains useful diagrams that may help guide your decision making process.  Best wishes.  Dr. Shah

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would I benefit from rhinoplasty and chin implant?

A better profile photo  is needed to assess chin. However, you would benefit from rhinoplasty surgery to feminize your nose and achieve facial balance and overall harmony. Please consider re-posting your question with a true side view of your face. I hope this helps.
Best wishes and kind regards, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty evaluation

hi foreveryoung0917. Thanks for your question. You are a great rhinoplasty candidate. The bump can be conservatively shaved down to give you a nicer view on profile. Also your nose can be conservatively deprojected and your tip narrowed. Overall, it will give your nose a softer look. Good luck. Best, DR H 

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

Dear Reader,

Thank you for your question and photo.  You would make an excellent candidate for Rhinoplasty surgery.  With an Open Rhinoplasty approach your dorsal cartilage could easily be shaved down to create a more feminine nose.  You could also benefit to have Septoplasty to refine the tip of your nose and rotated up very slightly to give a more delicate appearance. 

You may find that you do not need a chin implant once the Rhinoplasty is complete.  You could always do that at a later time if you find your profile does not seem aligned to your satisfaction.

A chin implant is a very simple procedure, once measuring which implant would best fit your chin, an incision is made on the inside of your mouth well below your bottom lip, once the implant is inserted a few sutures are placed to make sure it stays in place.  The mouth heals very quickly and most patients tolerate this procedure very well.

Best of Luck!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed and taught Rhinoplasty for over 30 hers.  from the photos, your nose has a dorsal hump with a nasal tip that is wide.  Rhinoplasty can thin and refine the nose.  A profie view would determine if the chin was indeed weak.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the lower face short and the mid face appear top heavy.  Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found placing a silastic chin implant through a small, curved, incisions under the chin to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty that requires bone cuts with placement of screws and metal plates.

I would like to point out that from the attached photos, the cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front) which creates an oval shaped face.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation using a dermal filler (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or with cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks anteriorly that will feminize the entire face.

Hope this helps

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

Conservative changes to your nose would improve your appearance. Your bridge is too low on the top 1/3, giving the appearance that your nose is too long. You also have some fullness above the tip, creating the apperance of a droopy tip. Your front view shows a moderate bulbosity.

Consult several rhinoplasty specialist to see what they can offer you. Hard to tell about your chin, because of the position of your head.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Benefit of Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

Your convex nasal profile should be reduced and your tip narrowed and defined so your nose is proportional to your surrounding refined facial features. A non-surgical approach can improve balance but will actually make your nose larger, not a desirable change. A small chin implant may be appropriate but I cannot tell with these pictures.