If this is possible that implants would not fit one line? (photos)

6 weeks ago i had breast augmentation. 225 cc, round implants, inserted sub-muscle variant. I can obviously see the difference in position of breasts: one is higher and one is way below their normal line. Could you pls tell if this is possible cause of effect of muscle pressing the implant so that it shifted, i was told such dispositioning is cause of this and in 1-2 month muscle would relax and all will be fine, is it so, or there is a huge chance they would stay like this? Thanks!

Breast augmentation

It appears that your right breast has been over-dissected and that the inframammary line is too low. Since you are very early after surgery I would suggest aggressively wearing an underwire bra or taping the right breast up to help the original inframammary fold heal down again. If you get out another one-two months you will not be able to do this without surgical intervention. I would suggest talking to your surgeon about this.Good luck!

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Implant sitting too low

It is not too late to possibly save this situation by wearing a tight underwire bra to push the low one back above the incision. Otherwise it will heal where it is and need a revision. Work with your doctor on this.

Asymmetrical Healing

Thank you for the question and photos.  It is not uncommon to have asymmetrical healing at this stage.  You are still early in the post operation recovery and breasts do heal at different rates.  It could take a good 4-6 months for your implants to fully settle so best give it more time.  It would always be best to visit
your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment for your
concerns. Best of luck. Dr. Michael
in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess
your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Bottomed out

Your right breast does appear to be sitting a bit too low in relation to the breast crease/incision. I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon to examine you in person and advise you about next steps.

All the best 

Post-op healing

Thank you for your question, photos, and thorough explanation. It is normal to have asymmetrical healing for the first few weeks. It is normal to also continue to heal for 3 months. However, an in-person assessment is always best. You can see your plastic surgeon for an assessment to get more information and tips. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Be Patient with Implant Positioning

It is still very early after surgery and your implants may not have fully settled. It is quite common for one implant to "drop" or settle before the other and this can make a patient worry that something is wrong. Continue to follow the post-operative instruction you received from your surgeon which should include breast massage. You should also avoid heavy lifting and physical activity such as push ups based on the recommendation of your surgeon. You may be given a binder to wear if the implants need some help settling into the proper position.
Communicate with your surgeon and office staff. They should be happy to help you through the healing process.

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon