I am a boy. But my chest is bigger than normal size, can I have surgery? I am only 19 years old.

Sir, my chest is bigger than normal size. I am very much frustrated on it. How can i get well soon? How much it will cost for treatment? I live in Bangladesh, thanks in advance sir...

Gynecomastia at 19

Thank you for your question. It is common for teens around your age to experience adolescent gynecomastia. If you have been experiencing adolescent gynecomastia for more than 3 years, surgery is an option. I recommend visiting a board certified gynecomastia surgeon for an evaluation. There are many other reasons for a large chest such as weight, medications and diets. Your surgeon will check if you have true gynecomastia that can only be removed with surgery. Best of luck!

With no photos posted it is difficult to tell for sure, but you are likely witnessing the development of gynecomastia tissue requiring correction with direct excision and possibly liposuction. As for prices, you may find specials on this site that can help you plan out your treatment pending proper diagnosis. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

My chest is bigger than normal size, can I have surgery?

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have regarding your chest wall.  Correction of gynecomastia or breast reduction surgery may be indicated.

My best suggestion: when the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.

Then, communicate your goals, concerns, and questions. Learn about the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with surgery. Going through this process, you will be able to make an informed decision whether or not to proceed. You may find the attached link, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Gynecomastia Concern at a Young Age

There are several common factors which contribute to gynecomastia. These include excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

Particularly, Normal Gynecomastia is usually apparent in males between the ages of 12 to 15 years old. It is also common for older men 65 years old or more who experience a drop in their testosterone levels. #Normal Gynecomastia takes approximately one to two years to naturally regress on its own.

Adolescent Gynecomastia is hereditary and usually appears in 30% to 60% of boys between the ages of nine to fourteen. Many cases of adolescent gynecomastia resolve on its own as the boy grows into adulthood. Some with #Adolescent may choose to undergo surgery to correct the situation, this usually happens at the age of 18 or above. In severe cases in young boys, the physician and child development specialists will need to speak to the parents regarding the severity of the gynecomastia and if surgery is an option before the age of 18. There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.