Number of laser tattoo removal sessions for this tattoo? (photo)

I have had this for about a year and a half and want it to be removed how many sessions will it take?

Laser Tattoo Removal

Pico lasers are the most advanced technology. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths making it possible to remove 96% of ink in as little as 4-6 treatments on average. I also utilize the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Tattoos are removed faster and safer with Pico lasers and there is less risk of scarring. It is important not only to seek the best technology but an experienced laser tattoo removal provider. 

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Number of sessions for tattoo removal

Your photo shows a professionally done tattoo on an extremity. Even though it does not contain different colors, those features alone predict the need for 5+ sessions. It will further vary based on the device used (what is the peak power of the laser, what are the spot size options which impact how deep the energy can go, etc..) and the skill of the provider in terms of selection of settings (experience, training). Sessions should be 8 weeks apart for an extremity tattoo.Best,Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician