Do I need revision, one breast larger? (photo)

7 wks post op, donut breast lift with augmentation. Had asymmetry, received rgt 770 - lft 710 cc's.

Do I need revision, one breast larger?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation/lifting surgery.

I think that you are wise in considering the pros/cons associated with revisionary breast surgery.  Generally speaking, I advise patients to carefully consider their degree of concern with the outcome of the initial breast surgery and weigh these concerns against the potential risks/complications associated with the planned revisionary breast surgery.   For example, if the patient is concerned about her breast appearance on a daily or frequent basis, it is likely that revisionary surgery will be helpful when it comes to improving her quality of life.  On the other hand, if the patient's degree of concern seems minor and/or she is  infrequently concerned about the areas of concern, I would recommend against revisionary  breast surgery.

If, in the longer term you have the same concerns, I would suggest that you communicate your concerns directly with your plastic surgeon. After careful communication of the above concerns, you will be able to decide whether or not revisionary breast surgery is "worth it".

Should I do something to correct a difference in my breast sizes?

This is so early after the operation that your surgeon performed, and I would certainly advise you to direct questions about size and  balance with your operating Plastic Surgeon.  This would always be the most appropriate and accurate  way to go to give you the best answer.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Too early

You are still only 7 weeks post-op, at 5-6 months post op you will be able to tell if you "need" a revision. 

Too early to tell

The photograph does not allow an obvious determination as to whether a revision is necessary. Seek your plastic surgeon for advice or seek a revision specialist in person in your region 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS