3 months since receiving Botox for crows feet. Bag under right eye from weakening eye muscle. Could it ever be permanent?

Botox only lasts 3 months

The effects of botox only last 3-4 months.  The side effect you are experiencing will likely resolve once the botox has completely worn off.

3 months - could it be permanent

Thank you for your question.  Botox cosmetic rarely lasts more than 4 months.  If the bag under your eye is from the injection, it is not permanent.  Best of luck.

Botox results

Sorry to hear about your Botox experience. Botox usually wears off after 3-4 months, with results possibly lasting a little longer in a minority of patients. The results of Botox are not permanent.

Botox under eye

Botox is a fabulous procedure and I am sorry for your problem.  It will take approximately four months for the full effect to resolve but there will not be any permanent side effects.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox Results Around the Eyes -- Takes 3-4 months will resolve completely

results from botox are not permanent and will last 3-4 months and resolve completely.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Bag after botox

It should not be permanent. Usually should resolve by 4 months in this area.it is difficult to assess without a photo.

Byron A. Long, MD
Marietta Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hello, and thanks for your question. In short, all of the effects of Botox should have worn off by around 4 months, certainly be 6 months. Give it a little more time and if you still have a concern, I recommend following up with your doctor. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

How long do side effects last from Botox

Thank you for sharing your question. All side effects should resolve by 4 months. If you are still seeing a problem after that time, follow up with your doctor.  Good luck,

Botox secondary effects are permanent?

Hello! Thank you for your question, you should know that if the bag under your eye is noted more prominent after applying botox it is highly unlikely to be permanent, as in most instances the botox effects should be completely dissipated by 6 months. However, I recommend you to talk with your doctor in order to consider this on the next session.

Rafael Gottenger, MD