Are veneers a solution for underbite?

I had braces for about 2 years and afterwards my dentist suggested micro-abrasion for the stains. After that my teeth were smooth, but my teeth which were already very small now look extremely thin. My bite never got corrected so when I got my braces removed, it looked like my lower jaw caved in(overbite). My chewing is also very loud and my jaws hurt when I eat. I don't want to have braces again. When I close my mouth only my right side molars touch. I'm still using retainers so when can I get veneers.

Porcelain veneers after braces

It sounds like you have bite issue along with small and thin teeth that bothers you.  You can definitely get veneers and change the shape and color of your teeth to what you desire.  However your bite need to be assessed by a dentist and also get corrected before it gets worse.  look for an experienced cosmetic dentist.   Good luck.  

Underbite

Hi:

Porcelain veneers can help to fix underbite issues, however in order to give you a correct assessment, it is best to send photos of your smile both from side view and head shot.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Porcelain veneers #DrSoftTouch

Veneers are a great option for people who want to change the shape, size and shade of their teeth. Veneers may be an option for you. I would recommend having your bite issue accessed and corrected before moving forward with veneers. I hope this help and good luck! Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.