I am Eunice, 18 years old and I have fat eyes. Please help me reduce them. Can a massage help to reduce them?

Many causes of "fat" eyes

I have added a link that might be helpful...

Hi jovion.  there are many causes of "fat" eyes including allergic swelling in the skin, bulging of the normal fat pockets behind the squinting muscle, as well as a bulky squinting muscle.  Some medical conditions can cause the eyes to change, like thyroid conditions. If you have excess skin in the lower eyelid, it can also contribute to fullness. Your plastic surgeon will be able to differentiate and suggest treatment(s), either management of the allergies, medical conditions or surgery.  In any case, massage is unlikely to make significant changes.  Good luck!

Fatty Eyes

Thank you for the question, Eunice. Without photos or an in person consultation it is difficult to make a judgement. You might be a candidate for a blepharoplasty. This is the removal of fat and possibly skin too. Sometimes injecting fillers can also treat the appearance of the fat bags. See an experienced board-certified Oculoplastic Surgeon for appropriate evaluation and discussion of possible options. 

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question eyelid surgery.

Pictures would be helpful, but I can say that massage will likely not help.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have eyelid surgery or related procedure.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Massage doesn't help

if you have puffiness of the eyelids the best thing may be a blepharoplasty. See an oculoplastic surgeon to find out.

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Denver Oculoplastic Surgeon

Puffy eyes

Hi Eunice,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the appearance of your eyes. If you have swelling around your eyes due to fluid retention or irritation, the treatment will be different than for a puffy appearance due to fat surrounding the eye. Massage is not likely to help but may cause irritation and more swelling.

If you would like to find out the cause and options to correct their appearance, I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who will examine you and recommend treatment.

All the best