Will my boobs grow again after breast reduction? (photos)

Will my boobs grow again after breast reduction?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs you certainly seem like a good candidate for breast reduction surgery;  this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. Although online consultants will not be able to predict whether or not your breasts will "grow again" in the future, most patients who undergo breast reduction surgery do not require additional reduction in the future. Best wishes.

I have two patients at least who have regrowth of their breasts after breast reduction. This usually coincides with menopause or weight gain although normally the former. Sometimes the first breast reduction was not sufficient. Either way, a second breast reduction can be performed. It is important to know the technique used in the first surgery so as not to compromise the blood supply to the nipple.

Laurence Kirwan, MD, FRCS, FACS
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction and growth

If you are no longer growing then your breasts will not grow again. However, if you put weight on, then fat in the breasts can increase in size and cause the breasts to be larger. If your weight is fairly stable this won't happen.