Why is my tooth crown grey? Will it cost a lot to be fixed?

A few years back I chipped one of my front teeth and I went and got a crown and ever since it looks grey. I really want to get it fixed because It makes me really self conscious but I don't want to be charged out of the butt for it.

Grey Crown

Ideally you should have stayed your dissatisfaction as soon as possible.  Whether that be prior to the crown being cemented or within the first few days.  If that was the case the dentist most likely would redo the crown.  Since it has been several years I am not sure what your dentist would say, it would be up to their office on the replacement fee as there will be another lab bill to pay.  

Saint Louis Dentist