Procedures for Consistent Ingrown Leg Hairs?

I get ingrown hairs after shaving (or waxing/epilating) consistently in the same spots. It's a 2x4 inch area on both legs beneath the knee. I am able to reduce the number/intensity of the spots by following a pampered shaving routine and by applying a topical BHA - but it is not enough. I thought about laser hair removal for those spots. However, the hair there is thin; so, I'm afraid I won't be a good candidate. I do have light skin with dark hair though. Not sure what to do to help that area.

#LaserHairRemovsl for #IngrownHairs

Dear skinissuehelp:Laser hair removal is an excellent approach for both resolving existing ingrown hairs and preventing new ones from forming. An alexandrite laser such as #GentleLase may be most appropriate for a fair-skinned person with dark, fine hairs.  All the best,   Dr. Clark

Laser Hair Removal -- Seek an Expert For Dark Skin

you can remove ingrown hairs by getting rid of the hair. I suggest hair removal.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Procedures for consistent ingrown hairs?

Hello, thank you for your question.  Laser hair reduction will definitely be a good option for you since your hair follicles have pigment (color) in them.  Once you rid the area of hair, there will no longer be any ingrown hairs. Good Luck!

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon