Tummy tuck then BBL. Will I need to repeat all of the labs and EKG again if has not been a full year since my last surgery?

I had an extended tummy tuck on 2/27/2016 and planning to have a BBL on 2/18/2017. Will I need to repeat all of the labs and ekg again if has not been a full year since my last surgery?

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implantss

I appreciate your question.

The answer to your question is yes.  Lab work must be repeated 2 weeks prior to surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Pre op preparation and tests

The answer to your question is : yes. Lab work is only good for about one month pre op . It is very important to have actual lab work and cardio evaluation before undergoing any surgery .

best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

Lab work

This is best answered by your plastic surgeon because every office has different policys. At my office, if they are within 6 months then I do not require additional testing. Best to check what your doctors office’s policy is on lab work. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon