What kind of massage do I need to get rid of the lumpy belly? Ultrasonic cavitation? (Photos)
7 months ago
I had surgery on June 7th, 2016. I had liposuction in my belly and all my back, after several lymphatic drainage massages im free of fluids but my belly looks weird and lumpy. Doesnt hurt but my sides and my lower back are still a little bit tender specially after massages. I still getting a combination of lymphatic massages and deep tissue massages. Do i need ultrasonic cavitation? What do you suggest? Any place you can recommend?
Doctor Answers 2
Liposuction - still lumpy after 2 months
Thank you for asking about your liiposuctiion.
- It is truly normal to still be swollen and a bit lumpy 2 months after liposuction.
- If you just give yourself time, things will imporve on their own.
- Massage can hurt when you aren't fully healed..
- It can be expensive to have a lot of treatments and your body will do a lot on its own.
- I suggest you stick with the massages - but don't add anything more.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
I know it is difficult, but it is still early in the recovery period. Give your body more time to heal before going through more procedures. Massage is good and time will best take care of any lumpiness. Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.