Imagine Lantau still not moving, Any suggestions?

I am 10 days post op and I know I'm supposed to be patient but my implants aren't dropping. At all. I had 565 under muscle and they are still on my chest. I drew lines on my chest just to make sure. Can someone post pics of high implants at two weeks and then post a pic of them after they dropped? I'm beginning to think they will not be what I envisioned and it's devestating.

Implants dropping

Photos would be helpful. 

By 6-12 weeks you should know if they are going to drop or not as the muscle relaxes

Post-Op Waiting for Implants to Drop

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions.

Any of the following may be post-op difficulties, about which it is best to contact your surgeon directly:

·       Excessive bleeding (hematoma) and bruising

·       Reduced sensation of #nipple

·       Deflation/rupture

·       Capsular contracture

·       Wrinkling/rippling. Palpable and/or visible

·       Firmness, and distorted appearance

·       Interference with breast feeding

·       Mammogram interference

·       Cost for revision surgery if necessary

·       Calcium deposits in the tissue around the implant

·       Breast tissue atrophy/chest wall deformity

·       Hypertrophic scarring

·       Tissue loss

·       Infection requiring antibiotics or implant removal

Implant still not moving.

The settling or dropping take months rather than days, and you might not even see it as it slowly occurs over time. The rate of dropping can depend on the tightness of the skin envelope, and the size if the implant placed. Ask your surgeon about a breast band, and be patient.

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your current result is causing you concern. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest.  As this swelling resolves, the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance, and filling your bra cup more.   I know waiting is difficult, but based on your implant size I would not anticipate any dropping before 6 weeks from surgery.  Judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

High implants after breast augmentation

It is very common for submuscular implants to take around 3 months to drop completely.  It is also common for one to drop faster than the other.  If you are concerned that you may have capsular contractures, then rest assured that this is not the case.  CC takes at least 8-12 weeks to become evident (typically longer).  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your PS.  If you were advised on breast massages, be sure to follow the instructions given.  

Ten days is still early when waiting for the implants to drop. Give it at least 3 months to see the result as time will help. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS