I am wondering what size implants I will need to achieve a full C small D? (Photo)

I have been told I need a full breast lift. I am just afraid the size implants I have been told may be too big! Please help my surgery is in 2 weeks! I'm 5'8 and 145 lbs. 

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast lift with an implant.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon. 

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

You may also consider just the breast augmentation without a lift.  This will place the implants lower on the chest wall but they would look natural and you would have minimal scars.  Best wishes, Dr. T

Implant selection

It is difficult to determine what size implant would be best for you without an exam in person. Best of luck.

Breast lift with implants.

For you, the limiting side will be your left breast (in the picture) which according to the photograph has less skin than the opposite side.  To maintain a natural contour too large an implant must be avoided and I prefer to use test sizers during the procedure to allow me to choose the ideal size for the individual patient. Skin reduction for an uplift reduces the skin surface area and will require a smaller implant than if you were a candidate for augmentation alone.  Discuss your size goals carefully with your plastic surgeon and allow him/her to make the best choice to approach the size that you desire and yet maintain a natural contour.

Please watch the video above for additional information.  Good luck and best wishes.  

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast Lift with Implants

Thank you for providing the picture, but what is actually needed is an in-person consultation with careful measurements of your breasts and a discussion of your ideal shape.  I recommend continuing to talk with your plastic surgeon about your goals, and they should provide a recommendation that will get you close to where you want to be.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Lift with implants or not?

Thanks for your photos and the question. From the photo you have submitted I do believe you need a lift and maybe even a little bit of natural volume reduction on the right side of the image I am seeing. Add the implant only if you want to be larger and want more fullness up top.

At your height you will likely need a larger diameter implant to achieve fullness up top which does translate into larger volume. I find looking at implants in a testing bra most helpful with my own patients.

Perhaps your PS has some samples your could try on.

Attached is a link that i hope will help you as you consider sizing. 

Best wishes

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implant sizing

Thank you for your question. I'm curious to know what size you are currently. You have a fairly significant amount of breast asymmetry especially with regard to volume. How did your surgeon mentioned he/she was going to correct your asymmetry? Different size implants or removing volume from your larger breast? You may not require much extra volume at all on your larger breast to achieve a full C or small D. I suggest you discuss your concerns with your surgery.

Implant size

I agree you need a lift at the time of your implant placement. The size of the implant is difficult to guide without full evaluation. I would choose it based on your chest width and your desired outcome. If you are not trying to go too big, a moderate plus implant in the 250-350cc range is reasonable. Your height allows a somewhat larger implants than someone shorter than you. Just talk to your surgeon extensively so they truly understand your desires. Best wishes. 

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz