I had a lollipop breast lift and implants on 9/6/2016. I am 2 days post-op. Should I be concerned about blood blister? (Photo)

I have had a fair amount of bleeding from all incisions, I'm pretty bruised up, and have what appears to be a blood blister on left nipple where steri strip was. The steristrip on bottom of left breast fell off too, so I purchased one from Walgreens & applied it crosswise for support. Is the bruising/blood blister common or something I should be concerned about?

Post-Op Healing from Breast Lift

Hello and thank you for your question. While you are still early in the process, healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. So, be sure to schedule your follow-up appointments with your surgeon as soon as possible. If you have any concerns or discomforts it is a good idea to call in for an immediate visit to have the area evaluated for proper healing. Best of luck to you!

You need to see the surgeon

The tapes are too tight and need to be removed.  The surgeon should be actively involved in your care right now.

Blood Blister

Congratulations on your surgery!  You do have quite a bit of bruising, but as long as it's not getting worse, this will likely go on to heal fine.  I would contact your surgeon and let them know about issue, and they may want to see you and apply a new dressing.

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

I dont think you have a problem but i would check with your surgeon and see if they would like to redress your incisions.