I had lipo 3 months ago. I woke up with severe back pain on one side.Now that side is swelling. What could be the cause? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 7
Liposuction - severe swelling and aching in one area
- First, I urge you to stop any prescription pain killers and move to Tylenol and Advil.
- Addiction to long-term pain medicines is a HUGE problem.
- It is hard to say what happened during surgery
- It could have been positioning or lack of protection of pressure points.
- An area of nerve injury can cause swelling -
- But an exam and detailed history are necessary to best advise you.
- If things are improving, although slowly, you have a good chance of this going away.
- If the swelling has not improved, you may have a seroma - ask your surgeon to check you.
- If pain and swelling are worse, then at least you need a seroma and neurology evaluation.
Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression
You might also like...
Change in exam
Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon
Post lipo swelling and pain
What could be the cause of this swelling?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.