I had lipo 3 months ago. I woke up with severe back pain on one side.Now that side is swelling. What could be the cause? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 7
Liposuction - severe swelling and aching in one area
- First, I urge you to stop any prescription pain killers and move to Tylenol and Advil.
- Addiction to long-term pain medicines is a HUGE problem.
- It is hard to say what happened during surgery
- It could have been positioning or lack of protection of pressure points.
- An area of nerve injury can cause swelling -
- But an exam and detailed history are necessary to best advise you.
- If things are improving, although slowly, you have a good chance of this going away.
- If the swelling has not improved, you may have a seroma - ask your surgeon to check you.
- If pain and swelling are worse, then at least you need a seroma and neurology evaluation.
Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression
You might also like...
Change in exam
Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon
Post lipo swelling and pain
What could be the cause of this swelling?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.