Are there doctors out there that will do breast augmentation pro-bono? To help someone out?

I have been wanting breast implants for going on 10 years. I have saved and saved and there is always a medical bill that comes in that has to be paid or something that needs to be fixed on my car or house. I have looked into articles about help with implants and the only sites I have found are go fund me and myfreeimplants (which I am a little iffy about) Do doctors help people that want them? or is that something that is unheard of?

#breastaugmentation #breastimplants #plasticsurgery

Hello meagancott,  thank you for your excellent question. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.  At our office here at CARE, we're very pleased to offer multiple financing options including CARE Credit and Alphaeon Credit. Plasticsurgery.org is also an excellent resource to view average pricing by geographic locale. I hope this information is helpful and I wish you all the best in your plastic surgery journey.

Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

While I don't know of any surgeons that will do surgery for free, I do know that there are funding services out there. I have a link on my website of options for medical financing companies. Hope this helps.

Are there doctors out there that will do breast augmentation pro-bono?

Thank you for the question. What patients may not realize is how much “overhead” is associated with performing good quality and safe elective plastic surgery. In other words, there are significant expenses, outside of surgeons fees, associated with these types of operations. Therefore, it will be unlikely that “pro bono” elective plastic surgery will be available to you.

Generally, best to achieve a physical, emotional, psychosocial, and financial “stable state” prior to considering elective plastic surgery.  Patients should also keep in mind that additional surgery may be necessary in the short or long term, following the primary procedure that is being performed;  this additional surgery may be associated  out-of-pocket expenses.  Best wishes.