Need help in deciding how many CC's to use for implants. (photos)

I am 40 y/o, 5'6", 135 pounds, breastfed 3 children, full B/ small C. I have major droop and large areolas. I have had a consultation with plastic surgeon in Louisville. Have preop in AM, and surgery is planned for Sept 6. Having lollipop breast lift and implants & light liposuction beside axilla area. I need advice on how many cc's to use. I am a provider, work in an office/hospital, so I need to look professional. I want full/flattering but not too big. Please advise....

Mastopexy

I would suggest you consider an full mastopexy, rather than just a lollipop, because you may have too much skin from your fold to the nipple. In addition, you have enough volume , you might want to consider just a mastopexy with no implant, as you will have a good size. You can always get an implant later if you want to be larger.I think you will be unhappy with a lollipop lift.Good luck,

Implant size

The best way to choose a size is to stuff your bra with implant sizers.  This allows you to see how much volume is need to create the look you desire. Also, in my opinion, with the volume of breast you are starting with, you need a full wise pattern mastopexy. I would let your surgeon know that once he or she is in the OR that if they need to convert to a full lift you consent to that.

Breast sizing

what is too big is subjective. One persons too big is another persons too small. You have to figure out what is too big for you. The doctor should be the one choosing the size implant to make you that size. 

David E. Kim, MD

Mastopexy with Implants

Try on sizers in your surgeon's office for a clear understanding of the volume being added. Based on your photos, you have a good amount of breast tissue and may or may not require implants.  I would recommend a full mastopexy to reshape the breast for a youthful look.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

What size implants?

For the last several years in my office I have been using a sizing system made by one of the implant manufacturers. The patient can try on different sizers under a bra we provide, and look in the full length mirror in the exam room. This has been very accurate in helping the patient predict her look with a given size. Of course the shape will be determined by what technique is used with the lift. Augmentation mastopexy, as what you are gong to have done is called, is demanding in terms of the judgement of the surgeon. Make sure that person has a lot of experience doing it. 

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Good implant sizing systems available to assist in volume selection before breast augmentation.

There are very good sizing systems available. You need not leave anything to chance prior to your operation.

Lift and implants

Determining the appropriate implants for you will require an exam in person and a review of your goals. Best of luck.

Breast Implants/Breast Reduction/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Size

I would suggest going back to your surgeon and discussing size. You can try on a variety of sizes to see what fits you best and what you prefer. I always prefer to have the size chosen prior to surgery so my patients know what to expect.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant with lift

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast lift with implants.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD