Are my breasts tuberous? Could surgery help me? (Photo)

I've always known something was wrong. They used to be so small it was just mostly nipple. But now I'm 50 lbs overweight and nursing for 14 months. Could surgery help me?

Tuberous Breasts?

Your breasts do not appear to be tuberous. You do have some breast sag. After you have completed breast feeding for about 6 months and the milk producing portion of your breasts has had a chance to return to a "non-active" state and when your weight is at a point where it is stable you may with to consider surgery to improve your breast shape. A breast lift would certainly be in order and this could be combined with implants if you wanted to increase your breast size. For more information about breast augmentation with a lift, please check out the web link below.

For the best results seek the consultation of a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. They have a website listing all the certified plastic surgeons. Members of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery will all be board certified in plastic surgery and have demonstrated an interest and special skill in cosmetic plastic surgery as well.

Normal nursing breasts

You look like you have normal nursing breasts, do not consider surgery until at least six months after stopping to breast feed. You are a beautiful woman, watch your weight and exercize. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Are my breasts tuberous? Could surgery help me?

You do not have tuberous breast. Your breast are conical shaped and have some sagging or ptosis from breast feeding. You can certainly improve their appearance with a breast lift with or without an implant to make them fuller and more perky.

Thank you for the question. No, I do not think your breasts demonstrate the characteristics commonly seen with tuberous/constricted breasts.  Your photograph does demonstrate some breast ptosis ("drooping"). Depending on your goals, breast surgery may be helpful to you. For example, breast augmentation/lifting surgery may be indicated. The surgery will be best performed once you have achieved your long-term stable weight and have discontinued nursing for six months or greater. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Thank you for your question.  Your breasts are not tuberous fortunately.  However you do have breast ptosis or sagging.  A breast lift or mastopexy could improve the shape of your breasts.  Be sure to consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

You do not tuberous breasts

You do not tuberous breasts. Simple breast augmentation will help you.  Just find a qualified plastic surgeon.

Vasdev Rai, MD