I'm on my 1 week post op. 650cc under the muscle. Brest still feels really hard. Pain it okay. (photo)

So Was just wondering it I can sleep on my side now. Been having a lot of back pain.

Breast Pain after 650cc implants under muscle

HI Jgguieb,

Thanks for your question and photo. It is normal for the size implant that you had placed to feel hard. It will take several months for your implants to stretch your normal breast tissue to accommodate that size. I would allow you to sleep on your side but not chest down. It usually does not cause major changes but every surgeon is different in terms of what they want. I recommend asking your plastic surgeon for their specific recommendations. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@breastaugmentation @docmata #drcarlosmata

1 Week Post Op

Thank you for your question and photo. It is common to have very tight/high/swollen breasts at 1 week post op. Because you have large implants it will likely take between 3-6 months for them to drop and soften. I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon about sleeping and ways to alleviate discomfort as you heal.

All the best

Breast augmentation day 6 - can I sleep on my side now?

Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation.
  • It is normal for your breasts to still feel hard if the implants are under the muscle
  • If you were my patient, I would not tell you to sleep on your back ever because of the pain-
  • But every surgeon does things differently - so please ask your surgeon if you can sleep on your side and if not, to give you instructions on back stretches to stretch out the tight muscles.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Big implants at 1 week

The implants will take at least a month and more likely 3 months to soften and settle into their ideal position. Implants that are large and are placed on chest walls that don't have much laxity to the skin will appear quite "fake" for quite a while. Large implants placed under the muscle are also much more uncomfortable in the recovery period than more conservative sized implants. I personally do not believe that sleeping habits affect your end result, but I would follow your surgeon's instructions.

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op

Thank you for your question and the photo.
Everything looks as it should at this stage going by your photo, the breasts may take several months to soften. I wouldn't recommend lying on your side just yet as it may give you some pain and swelling to your breasts. I would recommend that you contact your plastic surgeons office for advice on managing your back pain and when would be a good time to go back to lying on your side.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon