Day 3 post op. My right breast feels very hard (Photo)

So today is day 3 since my surgery. My right breast feels very hard. Swelling hasn't gone down yet. My left side feels a little bit better. I'm using a sports bra right now. I'm loving the look but can't wait till it really drops and get fluffy. It looks deform right now. Hahaha. When will my breast settle. 650cc under the muscle

For the first week post op augmentation

the only thing that really can go bad is bleeding... and that means one breast gets a lot larger, tighter and more painful.  Otherwise everything else is 'normal'.  And in your situation, you should be talking to your surgeon and getting all the needed reassurances you want from him/her.

One Breast Healing Differently 3 Days Post Op

Your #healing can continue for 2-3 months for the early period. Included with your healing, you may experience some #swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation may also be abnormal and scars will be evolve. Your doctor may require you to move or #massage the #implants within the breast pockets during the postoperative period. Textured implants do not require breast massage. However, you will be informed about this at your post-operative visit.
If you have concerns about your healing or experience any pain you question to be unusual, it is important you call your surgeon to further discuss or ask to be examined.

Early after big implants

There is nothing alarming about the photo, but then again it was with a sort covering most of it.  If you went straight to 650 cc implants (no first surgery with something smaller, it does take some time to settle and 3 days is barely anything.  The skin from the nipple to the fold may simply start to short to initially accommodate that size implant.  When that skin does stretch (and the muscle relaxes) you shape will improve.  However, when a patient says one is different, or deformed, or more painful, I will examine them, or at least have them send me a photo without a top on to make sure it is not something that needs to be addressed.

Eric Mariotti, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Post-Op

Thank you for your photo, it is a pleasure to answer your question. At 3 days post op you are very early of your recovery from breast augmentation and it is normal to be swollen at this stage. The swelling would start going down with every week that passes by. Sometimes you will have one breast that will settle before the other one. It can take anywhere from 4-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle into their final position. I recommend patience and follow up closely with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Hard breasts after implants

You are still in the very early stages of recovery. There is a profuse response to swelling, and it can take up to 6 months before all the swelling goes away, and your implants fall to a more anatomic location. The hardness you feel is the swelling. This should get better with time, and with some patience. Have regular follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Best of luck!