Options to thicken hairline after transplant?

Hi, I underwent an FUT hair transplant last in Aug 15. I am reasonably happy with the front results, but the hairs on my crown dont seem to have come through and in use Toppik everyday to cover it up. I was prescribed both finasteride and minoxidil but both these medications seem to have adverse side effects which are not desirable. Im considering getting another transplant done or even artificial hair fibres. Would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Options to thicken hairline after transplant

Absolutelly tou have to have a second session of hair restoration for fixing lack of density at vertex. 

I advice you to have a FUE op rather than a FUT..

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

If you are not happy with your results in terms of density. You can consider another surgery or consider SMP.

If you are not happy with your results in terms of density.  You can consider another surgery or consider SMP.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

SMP in the crown.

Its very difficult to create full density in the crown.  Once you lose hair in that area almost everyone looks a little thinner.  In addition to looking at another procedure to add density in the crown, you can consider SMP.  It will give you the same effect as the fibers. Be sure you go to a clinic that has experience in the procedure.

Timing of growth

It is not uncommon for the hair grafts to grow faster on one part of the head and slower elsewhere. Just be patient

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Crown result

If you had your procedure on Aug 15th, you are only around the 3 month period. I would recommend waiting as the full result takes at least 12-15 months, before considering more surgery. You can also consider scalp micropigmentation.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician