I have noticeable cellulite on my thighs. Will inner thigh lipo and butt lift get rid of this? If not, then what procedure will?

Cellulite - will liposuction fix it?

Thank you for asking about your thigh and buttock cellulite.
  • Unfortunately liposuction will not get rid of cellulite and may make it worse.
  • A laser-based treatments such as Cellulaze and Celfina may help.
  • I suggest you research these and the costs to see if the improvement is worthwhile for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Cellulite -- Vaser Smooth, ThermiRF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Subcision

The best treatment for cellulite is cellfina followed by external heating procedures such as velashape or venus legacy and/or ThermiRF. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer

Cellulite of the thighs

Unfortunately, there are no treatments that consistently and definitively improve or eliminate cellulite on every patient. Every individual is different, and results will vary. There are a number of devices on the market, and I would urge you to do your due diligence and research all the procedures and ask all the pertinent questions...results expected, number of treatments, cost, risks, complications, and ask to see photos if available. 

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

LIposuction does not improve cellulite but Cellulaze (laser assisted liposuction) may help. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.  It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied. Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment. It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks. It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.  If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina. Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.  Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.  It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding. It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed. We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.  It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.
Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 
Take care,
Dr Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Cellulite answers

Without pictures with excellent lighting it is impossible to answer your question. Better yet is an in person consultation.  We have a difficult time With cellulite because it is quite varied in its presentation. In some situations lifting the outer skin can help. Radio Frequency thermal (Thermismooth) treatments help and Cellfina is a new technique that also helps but without knowing what you look like it is indeed impossible to give you an answer.

David Janssen, MD, FACS
Oshkosh Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite

Cellfina is your best choice for cellulite. It is an in office procedure that takes about an hour and is specifically designed to treat cellulite by releasing the fibrous bands that cause cellulite.  Patients are super happy!  Look it up on realself and you will see the great reviews it gets.  I would recommend an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can accurately assess you.  If you have creases in your skin due to laxity instead of true cellulite then an inner thigh lift or butt lift might be the better choice.  Your surgeon will help guide you to the correct procedure to address your problem. Best wishes!

Maida Parkins, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon