How long after a nose injury should I wait before getting a 'non-surgical' nose job for a VERY small bump that appeared on nose?

2 weeks ago I fell really hard down the stairs and hit my nose dead on the floor. Dr said it wasn't broken, and that I needed to let the swelling go down first. I went back in after a week because a tiny bump appeared on the left side of my nose and the dr. said it was cartilage that had moved...it is only visible from my right side profile, I am very bothered by this as I am getting married soon...I have been looking having a bit of filler injected in my bridge to camouflage the area

Non Surgical Nose Job After Injury

Hi, and thanks for your question. Camouflaging a small bump with filler is most certainly safe and effective. If you don't have to get surgery, you should not get surgery. Likely complications in your case would be limited to a bruise. Waiting a few weeks after your injury would be wise. I think that, if your wedding schedule permits it, you should wait 4 weeks before you consider doing filler. I usually use Voluma for this kind of issue. It is smooth, results are natural looking and it is easily blended. Voluma should last about a year to a year and a half. Another advantage of Voluma is that it is easily dissolved, either partially or fully, with an enzyme called hyaluronidase. If, when the Voluma fades away the bump comes back, you can consider doing the same procedure with Bellafill, a more permanent filler that lasts upwards of five years.

Surgical rhinoplasty for broken nose and dorsal hump

The dorsal hump is usually composed of both bone and cartilage which must be surgically shaved down in order to remove it.  If  the nose has now become asymmetric after a fracture and/or dislocation of 1 or both upper lateral cartilages, surgery is usually required.  Nonsurgical rhinoplasty involves placement of fillers in the nose to make the nose bigger, taller, and wider on a temporary basis only.  It is not FDA approved for that application and can have significant complications.  More information, and many examples of surgical rhinoplasty to straighten a crooked nose and remove the dorsal hump, please see the video and the link below.

Swelling after nasal trauma

Swelling after nasal trauma can last up to three months.  Consider taping the nose down as much as possible to reduce swelling and wait at least 3 months before deciding on fillers.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Give some time for swelling to resolve

Great question and I'm sorry this happened before your wedding. Most of the time after trauma it takes about 4-6 weeks for all for all of the swelling to totally resolve. What you don't want to do is put filler in your nose while it's still swollen, because as the swelling resolves, it may expose ay filler that is in there. So I would give yourself at least 4 weeks for the swelling to resolve. It is difficult to see exactly what you're talking about without photos. In my opinion it is best to see a surgeon who has experience with both surgical and non-surgical rhinoplasty. They tend to have a better understanding of the nasal anatomy and should be able to correct any minor irregularities using some filler. I hope this helps and congratulations on getting married!