Fell flat on my face almost 5 weeks ago. Nose is symmetrical, but my bridge seems to be slightly swollen still. Is this normal?

Is it normal to have a bit of swelling still even after 5 weeks? I hit the floor pretty hard. The plastic surgeon I went to see said it's aesthetically near perfect excluding a small cartilage bump on the left side of my nose - barely noticeable. I am more concerned about the slightly squishy feeling on my bridge still? It seems to keep going down? Can I massage it to help it go down? :)

5 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

trauma to the nose

Trauma to the nose can cause a displaced nasal fracture, a non-displaced nasal fracture, dislocation of the upper lateral cartilages off of the nasal bones, and a fracture of the septum, also  known as a deviated septum.  A thorough examination of the internal and external portion of the nose is required to make a determination about the extent of the injury.  X-rays may also be required to document the extent of the fracture.  For more information and many examples broken nose repair in our practice, please see the link and the video below

Swelling after trauma

It is very common for the nose to remain swollen for several weeks after direct trauma.  The very fact that it is "squishy" let's you know that it is swelling and not a callus from bone healing.