How long will soreness last after a ptosis repair?

I had a bilateral ptosis repair on Monday (four days ago) and I was wondering how long until I no longer have that soreness from keeping my eyes open.

Pain from ptosis repair

Thank you for sharing your question. Everyone heals at different rates, but usually pain following ptosis repair resolves in 5-7 days. Cold compresses and Tylenol can be helpful.  See your doctor if you're not feeling better.  Good luck,

Soreness after ptosis surgery

Thank you for your question.  Soreness after ptosis repair is not uncommon.  Factors that determine the amount of soreness depend on various factors, such as the amount of swelling, type of procedure employed, eyelid position after surgery, and the location of the sutures.  Symptoms of soreness generally improve within one to two weeks after surgery.  

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon