What's the best option for my breasts? (Photo)

So I'm finally getting my mommy makeover :) I don't want full breast lift because of the scars , can I get a areolar reduction + implants ? I'm a c cup I can a D cup

What's the best option for my breasts?

A vertical lift would probably be the best option.

I would try to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed hundreds of these procedures and who has pictures and reviews you like.

What's the best option for my breasts?

Great question, would not recommend a peri areola mastopexy as the areola stretches and becomes very large, a vertical mastopexy has minimal scarring and will lift the areola and breast into the proper position, good luck!!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Minimal scar breast lift

Hi,

Thank you for your question and photos. I would not recommend an areolar reduction and implants in your case because what you seem to need is just a lift. Should you choose to move forward with this plan you will most likely have larger breasts but at the same level of your chest. With time, the weight of the implants will pull your breasts down lower. This is not a good look for anyone. You will then require corrective surgery. There is a relatively new technique that does not require the vertical incision. It also re-positions and reshapes breasts higher on the chest wall to create upper pole fullness without the need for an implant. I have attached a video of one woman's results. Breast implants were not used and as you can see, she does not have the ugly (very noticeable vertical scar). I hope this helps.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

What's the best option for my breasts?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although breast implant size selection questions seems to be one of the most  frequently asked questions on this forum, I think that other concerns, such as careful selection of plastic surgeon and accurate diagnosis and treatment recommendations, are even more important when it comes to successful breast surgery. 

Of course, breast augmentation/lifting surgery is a more complicated procedure (and more complication prone);  careful selection of plastic surgeon and careful communication of goals will be key.  Furthermore, you will need to carefully consider the trade-offs (such as additional scarring) associated with breast lifting versus the upsides briefly discussed above.

Generally speaking, patients undergoing this combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with will a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery.  Again, it will be important that you educate yourself regarding the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Only after doing so can you make an informed decision whether or not to proceed. You will find a lot of information on this website and on the attached link.

Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 

2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Best option for breasts

Thank you for your question.  Your breasts already have a youthful size and shape.  If you are looking for increased size and fullness, then an augmentation is an option.  It is difficult to say whether a breast lift would be required based on your photos alone.  To be sure, consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Best option for my breasts?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination it appears that you would most benefit from placement of a small implant to increase your volume, and a breast lift to help resize your areola and place your nipple into a higher, more youthful position.  Best wishes. 

Breast implants

Hello, thanks for share you case with us, you definitely can get a breast implant with periareolar reduction, but its important for you to know that  with a vertical scar under your breast the results maybe be better and mantain for a longer time, so i recommend you that make the decision in pre op  evaluation, because the doctor can evaluate you and tell you what is better for you 

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD

What's the best option for my breasts?

You can have whatever you feel you want- and is safe within a range for your body. You can find a Plastic Surgeon to reduce your areola and put in implants, but I am not one of them. In my opinion- to achieve your best-long-lasting result- you would need a full breast lift. You seem to have plenty of volume- therefore, a lift, which includes an areola reduction, would give you full perky breasts.

Areolar reduction, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice for cases like yours where the breasts  are very sagging  but with a good size i perform a Breast Lift - Symmetrization Surgery, removing more tissue on the right side than the left to match both breasts.
I also recommend an Areolar Reduction to get an appropiate areolar diameter, with hidden scar (a circumference line surrounding the areola).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Mommy Makeover - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. It looks like a lift will be required in addition to placement of breast implants. I do not think you will achieve a satisfactory result with either augmentation or a lift alone. It is best to have an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic breast surgery. Ask to see a lot of before and after photos of their work. Hope this helps and good luck!