It is possible for me to get a nose like the last 3 pictures I posted? (photos)

I hate the hump, how long it is, how long my nostrils are & the tip droops. I'm meeting with a surgeon Monday who is board certified & specializes in nose surgery. It's my first time ever doing anything cosmetic so I'm scared & do not know what to expect.

Rhinoplasty Candidate

You appear to be a good candidate for rhinoplasty, and it is realistic to think that you may have results similar to the photos you posted. During your consultation, computer imaging can be performed to visualize the potential outcomes and to develop a treatment plan that is specific to your needs.  Best Regards.

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reductive Rhinoplasty

Dear tanamcmahon:     Thank you for your questions and your pictures. Using other pairs of pre-op and post-op photos as well as computer imaging can help in your discussion with your plastic surgeon. It appears that you have thin skin that could  redrape over a reduced framework of your nasal bones and cartilage. Hump reduction, deprojection of the nasal tip, refinement of the tip and shortening of the length in profile  should be possible from a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon who is experienced in nasal surgery. While we cannot be expected to give you someone else's post-op result, discussing various post-op results can aid in communication during your consultation. Remember the rules of physics still apply and imaging can sometimes do more than the actual tissues. Try to have realistic expectations. The Rhinoplasty Society would be a good place to start.  Good luck and I hope this helps!

Rhinoplasty candidate

It is possible they get those type of results, but only by  a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  Digital computer imaging of your nose can help explain what can and cannot be accomplished with the procedure.  The dorsal hump can be shaved down, the projection decreased, and the tip refined, all with closed rhinoplasty approach which involves making all of the incisions on the inside of the nose.  No painful packing is necessary. For more information and many examples of similar noses, please see our before and after results on the link and video below

Rhinoplasty results

Thank you for your pictures and using other pairs of pre-op and post-op photos to help in your discussion with your plastic surgeon. It appears that you have thin skin that should redrape over a reduced framework of your nasal bones and cartilage. Hump reduction, diminished projection of the tip, refinement of the tip and shortening of the length in profile  should be possible from a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in nasal surgery. While we cannot be expected to give you someone else's post-op result, discussing various post-op results can aid in the discussion during your consultation. Good luck.

John M. Weeter, MD

It is possible for me to get a nose like the last 3 pictures I posted?

You appear to be a good candidate for rhinoplasty and it is realistic to expect a result similar to the results you have shown. 

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

I think you are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty.However, I think you can get a beautiful nose though a bit larger than you show.If you reduce the bone and cartilages to that degree, your skin will not conform and the skin near the tip can thicken up. I think the bridge needs to be a bit higher, in your case.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Expectations

It will not be possible to replicate a nose. However, you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Consult in person with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty expectations

Not all noses are the same and not all patients' expectations are reasonable or the same. You have done a nice job presenting good quality "before" photos and has shown a conservative, very achievable post-op result/goal. So long as you see an experienced quality surgeon, you should be comfortable in knowing that it is likely you will be happy with your result.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Rhinoplasty concerns...

Thanks for your question...you are an excellent rhinoplasty candidate and have reasonable concerns.  A comprehensive evaluation of your nose is best done in person and also involves looking inside the nose to determine the status of your septum and your breathing.  From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I agree with you that a hump reduction should take place.  Computer morphing software can help you and your surgeon get on the same page in regards to how conservative this reduction will be.  I like your first wish picture the best as I tend to avoid the "scooped out" look.  Your nose is also over-projected and there are surgical maneuvers that can be done to bring the nose in closer to the face for better facial harmony.  Lastly, your tip/ nostrils can be refined and the tip supported upwards to give you a more feminine rotation in relation to the upper lip.  The main purpose of a consultation is that it is an educational experience covering your individual nasal anatomy/ goals/ expectations, proposed surgical details, and recovery process.  It is also an opportunity to ensure that you mesh well with your surgeon and that you both share the same realistic goals.  Good luck as you move forward with your journey!   

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon