What all would need to be done to fix my nose? (photos)

I absolutely hate my nose, always have. I'm super self conscious about it. What is the cost I'm looking at? Would non-surgery fillers work or is it so bad I have to go under the knife?

Wouldn't be happy with only filler

Thank you for the great question and the photos. There are many patients who don't like the appearance of their nose. Most patients are able to pin point a couple of specific areas. Usually they don't like the dorsal hump and don't like how wide their tip is. Small dorsal humps can be camouflaged using filler. In your case, putting filler in the dorsum would just make your hump appear even larger. You're an excellent candidate for an open rhinoplasty. Using the open approach, all areas of your nose are able to be assessed and modified to give you a nose you're more comfortable with. Make sure you find someone with a lot of experience operating on noses as they can be one of the most difficult operations to perform. Best of luck!~Dr. Sieber

Surgical rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal

A nonsurgical rhinoplasty will only make the nose taller and bigger on a temporary basis. It is not FDA approved for that application, and can have significant complications. When there is a large dorsal hump present, a surgical rhinoplasty is required. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage must be shaved down in order to remove it. The nose will also become less  projecting as well.  Rhinoplasty is a difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. Digital computer imaging will also be helpful to understand what can  and cannot be accomplished with the procedure on your facial features. For more information and many  before and after results, please see the link and the video below

Nose Enhancement Options, Surgery vs. Fillers

Thank you for you post and photos. Since you are self conscious and bothered about the appearance of your nose, I am glad that you are exploring your best options for improvement. In my view, I understand your concern and feel that your nose is disproportionally too large for your attractive facial features. I believe that rhinoplasty surgery would be the best approach to reduce the size and enhance your overall facial harmony in profile and improve the length and symmetry in your front view. Unfortunately, non-surgical fillers could make your nose appear even larger, by attempting to soften your profile and nasal dorsum with filler material. Surgery would be much more appropriate and beneficial in your case. Consult with a Facial Plastic Surgeon for recommendations regarding rhinoplasty. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon